MANAGING REMOTE AND INTERNATIONAL TEAMS
Virtual teams and flexible working programmes are now an established part of the corporate landscape and offer huge benefits to companies who manage them successfully. Virtual working can save significant amounts of time and money and provide companies with the flexibility to harness the right talent for the right projects. However, virtual teams are not always effective and many fail to meet their objectives. Often this is due to a lack of attention to the ‘human’ factors of virtual working. Lack of cultural understanding, feelings of isolation, poor communication or mistrust among team members are all common complaints. How can managers engage with their international teams to harness the benefits of virtual working, whilst adapting their approach to avoid the pitfalls?
This 40-minute introductory webinar will focus on:
- The challenges and benefits of remote and international teams
- Which technology and media strategy to choose
- The core competencies required to be an effective virtual manager
- Cultural sensitivity: Value and Communication style preferences
- The crucial role of ‘trust’ when building remote relationships for effective working
- Enhancing virtual communication and getting the most from online meetings
Who should attend?
Any business professional who:
- Manages a remote or international team
- Leads global projects or
- Is responsible for remote workers
- Works within a global team
Confirm your place
Places are limited - If you wish to attend the webinar simply email us with your name, job title and email address and we will reserve your place. If you have a colleague who you feel will benefit from attending, feel free to pass the details on and ask them to contact us directly.
Book your place HERE. Please specify in your message which webinar you would like to sign up for.