A Taste of Bharat - Business Etiquette & Culture in India
India is a large, diverse country with an approximate population of more than 1.2 billion people. Made up of 29 states India has many subcultures and can therefore be a fairly complex country to engage with from a business perspective.
Our open webinar will focus on some of the values and attitudes that underpin Indian culture, and highlight differences and similarities between Indian and Western communication styles and business etiquette.
The 40-minute webinar will cover:
- India Today: Exploring key aspects which impact on today’s business environment
- Social customs and etiquette: Things to keep in mind - Do’s and Don’ts
- Differences between ‘Modern India’ and ‘Traditional India’: the significant impact on the business climate within India and India’s relationship with foreign business partners
- Business Etiquette: Ways and styles of doing business in India
- Communicating effectively with Indians: Intercultural communication barriers (language, accent, speed and nuances)
Why should you attend?
Whilst our short webinar can only provide a glimpse of the complex Indian culture and business environment, it will raise awareness, provide valuable insights and enable you to manage your interactions with Indian colleagues, clients and suppliers more effectively.
Who should attend?
- Anybody who works with Indian colleagues, clients or suppliers.
- Any business professional who travels to India for any period of time.
Confirm your place
Places are limited - If you wish to attend the webinar simply email us with your name, job title and email address and we will reserve your place. If you have a colleague who you feel will benefit from attending, feel free to pass the details on and ask them to contact us directly.
Book your place HERE. Please specify in your message which webinar you would like to sign up for.