A Taste of China – Business Etiquette & Culture in The Middle Kingdom
China (‘Zhong Guo’, The Middle Kingdom, in Mandarin) is a large, diverse country with an approximate population of more than 1.3 billion people. There are 34 province-level administrative units in China, including 4 municipalities, 23 Provinces (including Taiwan), 5 autonomous regions and 2 special districts, Hong Kong and Macao – a vast, complex country, with a long, fascinating history and, for the Western eye, often strange and incomprehensible traditions and values.
Our open webinar will therefore focus on some of the values and attitudes that underpin Chinese culture, and highlight differences and similarities between Chinese and Western communication styles and business etiquette.
The 40-minute webinar will cover:
- Facts and figures about Chinese society.
- Key values in Chinese social and business culture.
- How Western and Chinese work styles differ.
- How do Chinese communicate?
- Hints and tips for working successfully with Chinese colleagues, clients and suppliers.
Why should you attend?
Whilst our short webinar can only provide a glimpse of the complex, multi-facetted Chinese culture and business environment, it will raise awareness, provide valuable insights and enable you to manage your interactions with Chinese colleagues, clients and suppliers more effectively.
Who should attend?
- Anybody who works with Chinese colleagues, clients or suppliers.
- Any business professional who travels to China for any period of time.
Confirm your place
Places are limited - If you wish to attend the webinar simply email us with your name, job title and email address and we will reserve your place. If you have a colleague who you feel will benefit from attending, feel free to pass the details on and ask them to contact us directly.
Book your place HERE. Please specify in your message which webinar you would like to sign up for.